Mini Brie Bites
Food really brings us all together. It has a way of bonding both strangers and friends. It can tell a lot about a community and culture. Food is the next best thing to traveling.
I was inspired recently by some French goodies. One item in particular that peaked by salivary glands was a Favols apricot, almond & orange marmalade. The sweet and fruity preserve quickly gave me an idea for a tasty little bite-size appetizer.
Here is a quick and easy recipe:
Mini Brie Bites
- 1 package of mini fillo shells
- 6 oz. - 8 oz. of Brie cheese
- 1 Jar of Apricot almond & orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place mini fillo shells on a baking sheet
- Cut brie into cubes and place one cube in each shell
- Top each brie filled mini shell with marmalade
- Bake for 6-7 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese has melted
Opional: Spicy Candied Pecans
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- ¼ Cup of Whole Pecans
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Melt butter on medium heat
- Add nuts and brown sugar and stir until caramelized
- Take off heat when the mixture begins to boil
- Finish with a dash or two of cayenne depending on spice preference
- Spread mixture in an even layer on parchment paper and allow to cool
The mini brie bites are flaky and warm. The creamy brie cheese helps balances the sweetness of the marmalade.
I also made a second version with some chopped spicy pecans. It provided a great crunchy texture with a little kick of heat. Delicious and poppable, I definitely had a few of these.